LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION
- Dispute resolution by means of litigation or alternative dispute resolution arrangements;
- Appealing court judgments by means of appellate or cassation procedure;
- Disputes with banks, insurance companies, property management companies, etc.
- Debt recovery or prevention of recovery;
- Securing of claims: attachment of bank accounts and movable/immovable property;
- Recognition and enforcement in Latvia of arbitration awards and foreign court judgments.
IMMIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP
- Assistance with applying for Latvian citizenship by descent, registration of dual citizenship of Latvian exiles;
- Assistance with applying for permanent and/or temporary residence permit in Latvia under the Investor Programme or on other grounds;
- Appealing the decisions rendered by Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs;
- Assistance in cases concerning repatriation to Latvia – help with preparing necessary paperwork and obtaining status of repatriate.
- Representation at courts and orphans’ court in matrimonial and parental responsibility matters;
- Recovery of child support or prevention of recovery;
- Determination of the parentage of a child and paternity disputes;
- Counseling on marriage contracts;
- Determination of separate custody or access rights to a child, division of spouse common property;
- Assistance with returning children from third countries in case of wrongful removal or retention of children in breach of custody rights.
- Drafting of sale-purchase contracts, pre-purchase agreements, lease agreements, mortgage contracts and other documentation;
- Supervision of real estate purchase transactions and registration of the buyer’s ownership;
- Representation of the buyer/seller during the sale of real estate;
- Management of the property: resolution of different issues with management companies, services providers, tenants, tax authorities, etc.
- Registration with Land Register of mortgages and encumbrance endorsements.
- Formation of companies (SIA, AS), branches and representative offices;
- Drafting of shareholder agreements and incorporation documents;
- Resolution of shareholder disputes;
- Liquidation of companies, registration of commercial pledges;
- Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Matters of abuse of dominant position, unfair driving out of the market;
- Matters of compliance with national and EU competition rules;
- Merger clearance;
- Representation before the Competition Council of Latvia, appealing decisions rendered by the Competition Council.
- Drafting of employment contracts, commercial secret and confidentiality agreements;
- Advising company management on the employment law compliance issues;
- Representation of employers in relations with State Labour Inspectorate;
- Issues surrounding the posting of workers to EU Member States;
- Disputes regarding termination of employment; drafting of necessary documentation for employee dismissals.
- Advising on issues of compliance with Consumer Law and UnfairCommercial Practice Prohibition Law;
- Representation at the Consumer Rights Protection Centre;
- Cross-border consumer protection cases;
- Drafting of consumer claims/responding to consumer claims;
- Appealing of the Consumer Rights Protection Centre’s decisions.
- Counseling on the issues of Latvian and EU succession regulation;
- Heir dispute resolution and representation in court;
- Assistance with cross-border succession matters;
- Lodging of creditor claims in respect of the estate with notary public;
- Disputing of wills and inheritance contracts;
- Matters concerning ‘estate without a claimant’;
- Exclusion of the suriving spouse’s share from the assets of the estate.
- Matters concerning insolvency proceedings of legal and natural persons;
- Assistance with initiating legal protection proceedings in Latvia;
- Lodging of creditor claims with appointed administrators;
- Cross-border insolvency matters;
- Appealing against appointed administrator decisions and actions;
- Protecting members of the board against administrator claims.
- Resolution of disputes concerning infringement of copyright and neighbouring rights;
- Resolution of disputes over patents, design rights and trademarks;
- Representation before the Patent Office in Latvia and Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM);
- Drafting and lodging of written appeal or opposition with the Board of Appeal;
- General counseling in the area of copyright, trade secrets and other Intellectual Property;
- Registration of patents, designs, trademarks in European Union.
AMONG FREQUENT ENQUIRIES FROM OUR CLIENTS
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Something went wrong while submitting the form. Please try again!